Dr. Jo first developed the technology behind ActivMend in 2012 for OcuMend. Over eight years, leading cosmetic dermatologists and surgeons used the product to reduce swelling and bruising. Four past presidents of the American Society for Dermatological Surgery endorsed OcuMend for its exceptional efficacy.
Allergan, a subsidiary of AbbVie, licensed the OcuMend product in 2019. This was the first time a major pharmaceutical company licensed an arnica product.ActivMend uses the exact same patented ultra-penetrating nanotechnology with an improved formula. Dr. Jo added the ‘Power 5’ ingredients to address swelling, pain and bruising in ligaments, tendons and bursae.
Additionally, Dr. Polich was able to overcome a very skeptical US patent office by providing scientific clinical trials and signed declarations from two past presidents of the American Society of Dermatological Surgeons, and the Department Chair of Orthopedic Surgery, Northwestern University.
FASTER RECOVERY RATE IN SURGERY (Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2016)
The study evaluated the recovery rates of 27 patients who used OcuMend after elective facial plastic surgery.
- 88.9% of patients recovered faster than average.
- 51.9% of patients recovered an average of 7 days faster.
- Wendy Lee, M.D., M.S., Associate Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology and Dermatology, Oculofacial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and Orbit and Oncology at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Stuart Seiff, M.D., F.A.C.S., Past President of American Association of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Professor of Ophthalmology and Senate Emeritus at the University of California San Francisco.
- William Mack, M.D., P.A., Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of South Florida.
The study induced bruising and compared treatment with an inactive placebo gel pad to treatment with OcuMend. Evaluators then assessed each bruise on a 10-point scale. OcuMend significantly reduced bruising with a mean bruising score of 0.84 for OcuMend compared to 6.91 for the inactive gel.
HOW DOES ARNICA WORK?
Arnica selectively inhibits transcription factor NF-kappa B(2). NF-kappa B is a signaling pathway that regulates pro-inflammatory cell functions.